pinoytrials
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filipino Trials Community

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tips for beginners - Trackstand

Go down 
+5
Jay18
tzard
zteg43
davidoff
cajups
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cajups
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 8
I ride a : Stock/Mod
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Tips for beginners - Trackstand Empty
PostSubject: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:26 pm

hey bros, i'm very new to trials. just started practicing trackstand.. read a few topics online but would want to hear tips from the experts... hope to meet you guys soon!
Back to top Go down
davidoff
Torero
Torero
davidoff

Number of posts : 1153
Bike : Street Preachers, Onza T-Master
I ride a : mod
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:40 pm

ey cajups! welcome sa sport!
san nga pala area mo?
para malaman natin kung sino sa mga experts ang malapit sa iyo... hehehe
Back to top Go down
cajups
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:38 pm

taga mandaluyong ako sir!
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

Number of posts : 3067
Bike : echolite 07
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:33 pm

hi cajups! welcome to the forum!

if you can come tomorrow at UP diliman, you can see pros from davao. and perhaps you can also learn a few from us not so experts.Smile

regarding your query, you need to know which foot is your good foot (chocolate foot/ first foot forward), to determine which side you should and your bars would be facing. if you have your right foot forward, the bars should be facing left. *this is based on what i learned and from readings at trashzen.com... opposite to what ryan leech is teaching from the art of trials video. so then i guess this would be rider preference...

then you should want to start on an angle on a sloping ground. so you could push your forward foot, bars pointing the direction going up the slope, foot, fighting against the pulling force of the down slope. pushing not so heavy on the pedals but just enough to stop you from sliding down the slope. try this maintaining your balance by pressing on the brakes every now and pushing a little on the pedals. let the bike roll a little below you while you loosen on the weight on the pedals. this also helps you feel the drivetrain.

this sounds complicated. but when your there and a little practice, you will be trackstanding in no time.Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyanilaotattoos.multiply.com
davidoff
Torero
Torero
davidoff

Number of posts : 1153
Bike : Street Preachers, Onza T-Master
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:53 pm

sir zteg, lasing kapa din ano? todo englishhh. heheh
pero maganda ang pagkakalahad. kumpleto at madaling intindihin. Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

Number of posts : 2951
Bike : Adamant A2 / GT Chucker
I ride a : Stock
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:32 am

zteg43 wrote:
hi cajups! welcome to the forum!

if you can come tomorrow at UP diliman, you can see pros from davao. and perhaps you can also learn a few from us not so experts.Smile

regarding your query, you need to know which foot is your good foot (chocolate foot/ first foot forward), to determine which side you should and your bars would be facing. if you have your right foot forward, the bars should be facing left. *this is based on what i learned and from readings at trashzen.com... opposite to what ryan leech is teaching from the art of trials video. so then i guess this would be rider preference...

then you should want to start on an angle on a sloping ground. so you could push your forward foot, bars pointing the direction going up the slope, foot, fighting against the pulling force of the down slope. pushing not so heavy on the pedals but just enough to stop you from sliding down the slope. try this maintaining your balance by pressing on the brakes every now and pushing a little on the pedals. let the bike roll a little below you while you loosen on the weight on the pedals. this also helps you feel the drivetrain.

this sounds complicated. but when your there and a little practice, you will be trackstanding in no time.Smile

^^^
This is my idol

Cajups welcome to the forum...Join us tomorrow at UP diliman so we could chat and idol dyani could give you some hands on pointers Smile

nice to hear that there are lots of people showing interest in our sport...rock on guys...
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:57 am

english ang tanong, english ang sagot. Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
cajups
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:06 pm

thanks zteg43! would definitely join you guys soon. a few days back i saw a guy riding infront of our office in bonifacio high street, hahabulin ko sana para magpakilala kaso di ko naabutan.

more power mga brad!
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:14 pm

nice cajups!

high street rider would possibly be nikkocholo. he just live around the area.

hope to see you soon! Tips for beginners - Trackstand 76714
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 pm

cajups wrote:
thanks zteg43! would definitely join you guys soon. a few days back i saw a guy riding infront of our office in bonifacio high street, hahabulin ko sana para magpakilala kaso di ko naabutan.

more power mga brad!

hahaha Cajups baka ako yung nakita mo san ba ofiz mo?...I always lurk around that area you know, sometimes I practice at the back of market market or dun sa open parking sa embassy...pero hindi ako expert ha...
Back to top Go down
cajups
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:23 am

great, alam ko na pala kung sino hahanapin ko para magpaturo! thanks mga brader! been practicing trackstand for the 2nd night, eto nangawit ang kamay ko, todo ang grip sa handlebar haha.
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:14 pm

relax lang ang hawak sa grips. relax lang ang body. follow the flow and think of floating. zen. hehehe.
Back to top Go down
cajups
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

zteg43 = zenmaster
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:33 pm

wahahaha! i wish.
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Nice meeting you Cajups este Aries pala...post mo yung picture ng bike mo sa galery thread...Hope to ride with you soon
Back to top Go down
cajups
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:33 pm

same here nikkocholo, nice meeting you as well. Will just practice my basics then meet you guys soon.. will be there on the 7th para manood. thanks for the tips kanina, hope for more to come!
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Walang problem bro...see you around
Back to top Go down
Jay18
Call Boy
Call Boy
Jay18

Number of posts : 846
Bike : Aorta 26"
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:14 am

Nice! nadagdagan nanaman ang kalahi natin..
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:49 am

hehehe. ride na yan!
Back to top Go down
JANG
Torero
Torero

Number of posts : 1484
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:16 am

cajups, mandaluyong ka lang!? meet minsan tyo! hehehehe beginner rin ako! sabay tyong magpractice! san juan and cainta rin ang area ko.. txt lang bro 09298425753 kasi minsan lang ako mag online.
Back to top Go down
venerzky
Beginner
Beginner
venerzky

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 am

nice meeting yung nikkocholo,, next time ulit,, hehehe,,

salamat,,
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:39 am

No prob Vener...Sabi ka lang kung ano ang kailangan mo...and we'll help you get one
Back to top Go down
venerzky
Beginner
Beginner
venerzky

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:43 am

okies,, salamat,, lufet mo,,
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Bro hindi naman...nakaka chamba lang...If mag concentrate ka talaga at bigyan mo ng time ang practice malalagpasan mo pa yung nagagawa ko
Back to top Go down
Jay18
Call Boy
Call Boy
Jay18

Number of posts : 846
Bike : Aorta 26"
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Idol yan!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for beginners - Trackstand   Tips for beginners - Trackstand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for beginners - Trackstand
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next