pinoytrials
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filipino Trials Community

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New to bike trials?

Go down 
+16
mighty_thor
lord vader
raimun
anthrax76
benjo
davidoff
redenjaja
Jay18
joolz
paul
tzard
zteg43
monica
joes43
coilerblue
patrick
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

Number of posts : 2827
Bike : KOT MS2
I ride a : Stock
Registration date : 2008-02-25

New to bike trials? Empty
PostSubject: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:40 pm

Post tips, snippets here of articles but acknowledge the source please
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:53 pm

I learned a lot from trials-online.com

You can see a lot of videos there which will help a lot.

trials-online

Here is an article from that site:

"[ Trials Techniques - Getting Started ]

Trials is arguably the most difficult bike sport on earth. Not only does it require excellent physical conditions, but also a very refined sense of balance, coordination and timing. Trials is certainly unique in the bike world, and takes a definite level of dedication to rise in skill level.

If you have never ridden trials before, starting out is a daunting prospect. Especially for those riders that do not have someone to learn from. Don't dispair though, it is certainly possible to learn a lot in a short amount of time if you have the desire to learn.

The first step is a mental one. You have to decide that you are going to learn trials, and really stick to it. Trials is very very difficult to learn. You will mess up, more than you can imagine. You will find yourself stuck at a certain level for weeks, with no hope of improvement. But all of this is merely a test, and everyone can get past these initial hurdles. But without the mental focus and desire to improve, you might as well not evern start. Trials takes dedication, and lots of it.

With the decision to learn this crazy stuff out of the way, the next thing to look at is your bike. Frequently, people ask if they can learn trials on a such-and-such bike. The answer is always yes. You can learn and practice the fundamental of trials on anything. The only prerequisites are two wheels and two brakes. While technically you could learn on a bike with only a rear brake (such as a BMX), I'd advise that you go the proper route. Make sure that your bike is in proper working order. If you don't know how to maintain it yourself, take it to a good shop and make sure your wheels are true, your brakes are adjusted well, and everything is properly tight. Whether you have a flatland BMX, a dual-suspension freeride bike or a cross-country rig, you can get started.

Now for a few quick setup tips. Regardless of bike type, try to put your seat down. Trials riding benefits greatly from the ability to move around on the bike. Second, if your bike has shocks, try to adjust them so that they are a little stiffer. Overly squishy suspension will make it harder to learn certain things.

With that done, it's time to practice. The first thing, and the most important thing in all of trials, is to hone your balance. Without excellent balance, everything else in trials is basically impossible. SPEND TIME on this, and don't skimp. Practice trackstands, rocking in place, hopping in place, etc. The goal should be that you can spend hours in one place, not moving more than a few inches. Do this on flat ground. Do it with the front wheel on something. Do it with the rear wheel on something. Do it on grass, on cement, on logs, on rocks. This will seem tedious, but the end result will be worth it.

At this point, you are already well on your way to learning trials. With balance comes other skills, such as hopping on the rear wheel, which will lead to learing to pedal kick. Everything in trials is interrelated, and all of it flows from the most basic moves, so spend the time to learn those the right way. Also, many of the moves in trials are what I call "lightbulb moments". That is, suddenly the lightbulb will go off above your head and you will understand it. Until that point, though, it will be a mystery. My point is that you should need to keep trying, no matter how badly, and eventually you will get it.

Your goal should be to get COMFORTABLE on your bike. You should always feel in control of it, and not the other way around. You should be smooth in your movements and refined in your actions. As you gain confidence the moves will start to be easier. Just stick with it! "
Back to top Go down
coilerblue
Beginner
Beginner
coilerblue

Number of posts : 56
I ride a : kona
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:12 am

pat and the trials community...

congrats sa new forum nyo...and more power... Smile
Back to top Go down
joes43
Sport
Sport
joes43

Number of posts : 165
I ride a : es tee pee.

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:40 am

baket kailangan mahaba ang stem pang trials?
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:54 am

Among others para leading ka sa bike tuwing lumulundag, naiiwan ang bike bago mo ibato forwards.

Isa pa applicable theory kong "fork length stem length ratio", notice how street, freeride bikes with long mid travel forks have short stems at short travel forks have long stems? The shorter your fork the harder it will be to control with a short stem or vice versa.
Back to top Go down
joes43
Sport
Sport
joes43

Number of posts : 165
I ride a : es tee pee.

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 3:00 pm

i find it hard to pull the front part up with a long stem. with the trials bike i've ridden (pats, benjos, jules) i could never seem to get the front part up as i would with my bike.
Back to top Go down
monica
Lurker
Lurker
monica

Number of posts : 6
I ride a : Stock/Mod
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:55 pm

hello po at last i found this site. maybe you guys could teach me and my friends?
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi monica, we are willing... there is a ride tomorrow starting at baywalk. Where are you from?
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 4:16 pm

joes wrote:
i find it hard to pull the front part up with a long stem. with the trials bike i've ridden (pats, benjos, jules) i could never seem to get the front part up as i would with my bike.

Kasi Joes kailangan assisted ng pedal ang hatak, thats the sekwet.
Back to top Go down
monica
Lurker
Lurker
monica

Number of posts : 6
I ride a : Stock/Mod
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 6:10 pm

wow mr. patrick looks like you are the man here?

i am from manila.
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

Number of posts : 3067
Bike : echolite 07
I ride a : mod
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:55 am

huhu... pedal kick... Crying or Very sad

turuan mo ko ha pat! hehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyanilaotattoos.multiply.com
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:52 pm

Madali lang bro:

STEP 1 : Nailed mo na dapat ang trackstand. Para tama ang launch mo at madevelop mo ang balance sa rear tire. Balance is balance kesyo ano hawak mo, kesyo bike o kesyo sa lubid ka nakaapak.

STEP 2 : Forward foot isipa mo sabay lundag. Ulit ulitin mo lang hangan makuha mo.

Thats it.
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

Number of posts : 2951
Bike : Adamant A2 / GT Chucker

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 4:23 pm

hehe ang hirap but it pays off when you nailed it...Pat I'm studying to kick while my bike is moving slow...parang nahihirapan ako sa timing pero napansin ko mas mataas siya compared from tackstand...diretso kasi ang gulong mo at ang handle bars mo...so ang prob ko na lang e start from my bad foot para masmataas hehehe
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:01 pm

patrick wrote:
Madali lang bro:

STEP 1 : Nailed mo na dapat ang trackstand. Para tama ang launch mo at madevelop mo ang balance sa rear tire. Balance is balance kesyo ano hawak mo, kesyo bike o kesyo sa lubid ka nakaapak.

STEP 2 : Forward foot isipa mo sabay lundag. Ulit ulitin mo lang hangan makuha mo.

Thats it.

parang ang dali. taon ko na panipilit yan. di ko makuha ang timing. hehe. pagaralan ko yan. dadating din ang ilaw. hehe
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:51 pm

@Dyani

Gawin mo bro, kumuha ka ng mamig na tubig sa tabi mo. Huwag mo tigilan hangat di mo nakukuha. Mga 3 hours makaka higit 100 kick ka siguro

@Tzard

Di ko maintindihan, hehe pakita mo nalang sa akin hehe
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:56 pm

cge. hehe. try ko yan. pero una sa lahat, di ko maangat harap ng mod ko. hehe.
Back to top Go down
paul
Lurker
Lurker
paul

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi, I'm from marikina, gusto ko sana gawing pang-trials ang bike ko. Is there anyone nearby willing to help me out? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:36 pm

Sabay ka kung may ride bro para mapagusapan syempre dalhin mo bike mo... sa UP may occassional ride tingin ka sa trials talk section may regular ride topic dun bro.
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:39 pm

welcome sa forum

review mo itong thread na ito..dami ka mapulot tapos sama ka sa ride check mo mo sa bike trials talk..UP ang pinakamalapit sa iyo..si dyani..

matanong ko lang, ano ba ang bike mo?
Back to top Go down
paul
Lurker
Lurker
paul

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:49 pm

mtb yung bike ko. 2nd hand kasi siya nung binili ko. medyo decente naman yung parts, pero malayo pa siguro sa trials. sa sss ako nakatira.
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:56 pm

hard tail ba o FS...hirap advice dito e, pero pinaka the best bro sama ka sa ride..check mo din yung mga mobile numbers namin sa contacts para for update. kasi kailangan makita namin ang bike mo para masabi namin kung ano ang dapat palitan at ano ang pwede iretain..

katulad ko galing ako gt chucker na mtb
Back to top Go down
paul
Lurker
Lurker
paul

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 1:02 pm

hard tail siya na amoeba. ito yung link sa page:

http://www.amoebaparts.com/amoeba/english/products/02index.php?title1=MTB%20PARTS&title2=HUSSAR%20MTB%20SERIES&model=MFR-HUSSAR

medyo matagal na akong nagtitingin sa mga trials websites pero ngayon ko lang napuntahan yung pinoytrials. astig! meron palang ganito.
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 1:25 pm

hehehe ok yan bro..pero iba ang feel ng trials bike talaga..pag nakasama ka sa ride magtest ka ng mga bike namin para madistinguish mo ang kaibahan
Back to top Go down
joolz
Macho Dancer
Macho Dancer

Number of posts : 612
Bike : wala sa ngayon
I ride a : kalas si jeproxx

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 4:43 pm

poltooters welcome sa forums bro...

sa ngayon wala ka pa masyado budget ok na ang frame mo na yan...

meron akong kakilalang mamaw na minsan ay gumamit ng frame na yan sa full rigid setup ok naman...

punta ka ng UP bukas hanapin mo ag tambayan sa oval yun tindahan ni manny kalbo...

magtanong ka sa mga nandun na ituro nila ang mga trialista... panigurado kahit isa samin meron nakatambay dun...

bigyan k nmin ng insights regarding trials riding...

see you bro
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:43 pm

hello poltooters!

welcome sa forum brad!

tara laro tyo. kahit ano bike mo welcome ka. set up natin yan kung ano man budget mo.Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to bike trials?   New to bike trials? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to bike trials?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next