pinoytrials
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filipino Trials Community

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where do you guys ride in Makati?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

Number of posts : 129
I ride a : 20\"
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Where do you guys ride in Makati? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:12 pm

I am an ex trial biker who is thinking of picking up this sport again.

I live in Makati so i am wondering who do you guys usually ride in Makati. It will be good if you can show me pictures of these places.

Thanks alot
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

Number of posts : 2951
Bike : Adamant A2 / GT Chucker
I ride a : Stock
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:17 am

Welcome aboard odakyu

Where do you stay in Makati? I'm from Pembo, I usually lurk around the fort. There's a spot there near MC HOme Depot, or around MArket market and high street.

If you're near Buendia LRT Pat is your man.

there's a spot along pasig river near Makati PArk, also in rockwell area, LRT, Makati City Hall

If you're near Pasig Area, we can aways visit Benjo at Ultra.

If there's a scheduled ride we sometimes visit Baywalk area, Lawton, Malate park, and Intramuros

If you wanna go far, Dyani is the Man in UP

or you can go down south to alabang contact Jay
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 am

Thanks for the reply.

I stay at Sen Gil Puyat. Although i have only lived in Manila for almost 3 years but i do know most of the places which you have mentioned.

Which days do you usually ride? Is there a fixed day?

Anyway, i understand that good trial bikes are not available in the Philippines so i planning to get one when i go to HK the next month. I just wanna know how is the local trial scene before getting a new bike.
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

Number of posts : 2827
Bike : KOT MS2
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Odakyu. I live near Gil Puyat towards LRT Taft at Bautista street. There is a un-usual night ride at thursdays. Are you from the Philippines?

I play near the railroad tracks at Buendia theres a station there, inside the side streets are spots as well. I don't know your level yet but the train station has different levels for your skills.

Nice to have you onboard. Welcome to PT.

Let me know if you want to meet the guys tomorrow at Baywalk, we aren't that good but is very good with passion for the sport. text me at 0906-3620021 no calls at the moment please long story.
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:35 pm

I guess i know where is the railroad tracks. I believed there is only 1 track near Gil Puyat?

Well...let me think...I haven't been playing trials for almost 7 years ever since i started when i was 13 or 14 yrs old. My skills would have deteriorated over the years. I had the chance to ride a trial bike last year. Surprisingly my basics are still ok so i guess it won't be too difficult for me to play trials again.

I don't have a bike at this time but i will be getting a new bike early next month. I am glad that the community for biketrial over here is good...hope to start riding asap.

By the way, i am not from the Philippines. I have been working here for almost 3 years now...
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Wow nice. You can teach us a lot.

Where do you work here? I work in Makati CBD, and if you don't mind my asking what is your nationality?

BTW Please feel free to ask for a translation if you don't understand the words here. Plus you are welcome to join us, Ian rides a mod too you can come with and get a feel for it again if you want.
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:26 pm

oh I forgot to tell you ... There are a lot of spots in Metro Manila that your free to ride on. Not only in Makati.

If you need a good bleed I can do it for you, avoid going to shops here as much as you can...there is no "trials" technician here, we can refer you to shops thats good etc.
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:55 pm

thanks a lot for the heads up

Nah...I am not qualified to teach you anything Razz i hope i can get back to the level that i am used to be.

I work in Makati...Actually, i have never really gotten out of Makati...haha...Anyway, i am from Singapore. The peers whom i used to ride with have already gone up to the elite level in Singapore. I stopped trials because the frame of my old bike cracked and also due to some other commitments.

I wish i can join you guys tomorrow but i don't have a bike now. Furthermore, it is not appropriate to use Ian's bike as i do not want to damage it.
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:05 pm

I am not familiar with places outside Makati so i will need your guidance to bring me around. Smile

Thanks for your help but i can bleed hydraulics rim brakes with much ease myself but the right tools must be available. However, i may need help for disc brakes as i have never been in contact with it. Everyone was using only Maguras at that time...

To be honest, trial bikes don't really have to be fixed by a "trials" technician. Most importantly, the proper tools and good trial products must be available. A good normal bicycle technician is sufficient.

On a side note, i saw a 20" monty X-lite frame at Cartima last year and i was wondering if trials are popular here...now at least there is a local forum to talk about trials
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:25 pm

yeah...we're glad that trials scene is becoming a boom here..

It's a pleasure for us to tour you around town if you pleases so..hope we meet you this thursday
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 pm

I will definitely join u guys when i get my bike!

Is thursday the usual day u guys ride? If so, what time do you usually meet?
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Yeah I know, but here when they true the tires its good for 2 weeks hahaha and when they bleed the magura its still squishy like what happened to Ian's bike.

Quote :
On a side note, i saw a 20" monty X-lite frame
at Cartima last year and i was wondering if trials are popular
here...now at least there is a local forum to talk about trials

Yeah its posted here, I suggest everyone stay away from that one.

Since I started this site I began with a few guys who are learning still. Although we are still learning the scene has grew a lot.
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:52 pm

What? u mean the wheels need to be tuned every 2 weeks? This is unbelieveable. For Ian's bike, did they bleed the magura with royal blood or some other fluid? You must never use any other fluid other than brake fluid for hydraulics. By the way, is Ian using rim brake or disc brakes?

I guess that monty is cracked?

This site is really useful for all trial riders to discuss biketrial Very Happy
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Ian is using rim brakes (HS33 on the rear and hope mono trials in front), they spent his Royal Blood but left his brakes still squishy.

The truing is true, they leave it enough so you will be back for more haha. You just have to know where the mechanics actually rides so they know how demanding trials could be on the bike.
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:14 pm

i don't really like rim brakes...i had enough of slipped brake pads!

Is Hope mono trials good? Better than disc brakes from Magura? I am still thinking of what bike i should get. Should i buy a complete bike or build one? I guess i won't want to spend too much a fortune for a top of the range bikes like Kamel or XTP.

Has anyone tried importing a bike from overseas? or tried carrying a bike back from abroad?
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

Number of posts : 3067
Bike : echolite 07
I ride a : mod
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:51 pm

hi odakyu!

i tried carrying my bike and other frames from HK as well. no problem with that.

as pat said, you cant trust all of the bike mechanics around. most of them think they know what they're doing. but for sure they dont. LOL! only few bike shops can be trusted here.Smile or else your parts would end up wasted.

about building a bike or getting a complete one, i guess its up to your choice. especially when it comes to budget. most of us here dont get a complete bike since we cant afford buying everything in one go.Smile it takes us time to get what we really dreamed of having.

anyway, welcome to forum man
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyanilaotattoos.multiply.com
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:52 pm

thanks for the reply

Do you meet any problem with the customs at the airport? I bet the customs are extremely happy when they see such a big box! Twisted Evil

How about importation? Have you tried importing any bikes or frame from overseas?
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Haha last time Dyani (zteg43) went home from HK he had 2 frames plus one whole bike and didn't pay a cent, ofcourse he is local so...

Don't worry just ask BTS to invoice it "properly" for customs declaration.
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:50 pm

odakyu wrote:
i don't really like rim brakes...i had enough of slipped brake pads!

Is Hope mono trials good? Better than disc brakes from Magura? I am still thinking of what bike i should get. Should i buy a complete bike or build one? I guess i won't want to spend too much a fortune for a top of the range bikes like Kamel or XTP.

Has anyone tried importing a bike from overseas? or tried carrying a bike back from abroad?

Benjo, Dyani and Oca bought their bikes/frames abroad actually all of us had one way or the other brought it from HK or Singapore.
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:25 pm

thanks for the advice!

I can't wait to get my bike in HK

Anyway, i have been emailing BTS for the past few days to check on the availability of their bikes...but no replies from them yet
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:35 pm

Haha don't expect any reply. Just call them. You can see the other threads here about prevailing rates in HK.
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:10 pm

what prevailing rates? currency exchange rates?
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Of frames and parts I mean
Back to top Go down
odakyu
Sport
Sport
odakyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:09 pm

can you tell me which thread is the price list in?
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:45 pm

check this out odakyu...I don't know if it's the updated prices for the parts

http://pinoytrials.com/trading-f13/place-your-orders-here-t135-75.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys ride in Makati?   Where do you guys ride in Makati? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you guys ride in Makati?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next