pinoytrials
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filipino Trials Community

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Villar Tondo Poor Boy?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay18
Call Boy
Call Boy
Jay18

Number of posts : 846
Bike : Aorta 26"
I ride a : Stock
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Villar Tondo Poor Boy? Empty
PostSubject: Villar Tondo Poor Boy?   Villar Tondo Poor Boy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Villar was never a Tondo poor boy

Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 00:05:00 03/13/2010

Filed Under: Elections, Politics, Manny Villar

THE MARCH 7 ARTICLE ON Manny Villar’s house along Moriones Street in Tondo confirmed the belief that he was never poor, never spent his Christmas on the street and never swam in a pool of garbage. In the early 1960s, if you had a three-story house in a 60-square-meter lot in the business district of Tondo, you were considered an aristocrat.

Not too far from that Moriones house were shanties leading to the pier where children went to the nearby public schools for education. Such was not the case of Villar: he went to Holy Child Catholic School for his elementary education and to Mapua for high school. Coming from Moriones going to Mapua, Villar had to pass by three outstanding public high schools: Jose Abad Santos High School, Arellano High School and Teodora Agoncillo High School, and public schools in the latter part of the 1950s and 1960s were at their best.

But not for the Villar children. Because their father was a white-collar employee and they had a businesswoman for a mother, Manny and his siblings were able to study in the best private schools nearby. They had corned beef for breakfast (as told in Villar’s ad with Boy Abunda) and I am pretty sure suahe and other seafoods for lunch or dinner.

During the times that Villar claimed he was poor, his family actually belonged to the AB and upper C economic strata or the top 10 percent of the population. As in the C-5 controversy, in the conversion of agricultural land in Iloilo, in the landgrabbing of the Dumagats’ land in Norzagaray and his questionable use of socialized housing funds among many others, Villar shows a penchant for covering the truth.

I hope television’s investigative journalists can dig deeper into this so the poor people who are being used will find out the truth.

—ELEN FRANCISCO,

elefrancisco@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

Number of posts : 2951
Bike : Adamant A2 / GT Chucker
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Villar Tondo Poor Boy?   Villar Tondo Poor Boy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:57 pm

kumakalat na pala talaga hahaha
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

Number of posts : 2827
Bike : KOT MS2
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Villar Tondo Poor Boy?   Villar Tondo Poor Boy? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:53 am

Hmmm parang nasa na narrow down to 2 nalang kandidato ko Nicanor Perlas or Gibo, maybe Nonoy pero issue sa akin yugn Hacienda Luisita violence baka lumakas yung pamilya nila.

Nick malabo manalo
Gibo malabo lalo, lalo na si GMA nag endorse hehe
Back to top Go down
judysa09
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 1
I ride a : Stock/Mod
Registration date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Villar Tondo Poor Boy?   Villar Tondo Poor Boy? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:17 pm

I believe that today, si Manny Villar hindi na mahirap because he work hard and we all know that he is a great achiever. Kung nasaan man siya ngayon, I know, pinaghirapan niya lahat.hacienda luisita
Back to top Go down
anthrax76
Beginner
Beginner
anthrax76

Number of posts : 53
Bike : MOB T-09, cheap lang
I ride a : Stock MTB
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Villar Tondo Poor Boy?   Villar Tondo Poor Boy? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:09 pm

i'm from tondo. and kung ikukumpara ang tinitirahan nina villar nun with Makati CBD ngayon.....sa condo sa greenbelt sila nakatira.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Villar Tondo Poor Boy?   Villar Tondo Poor Boy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Villar Tondo Poor Boy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
pinoytrials :: Others :: Off Topic-
Jump to: