pinoytrials
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filipino Trials Community

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

News from the UK

Go down 
+2
tzard
ian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ian
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 23
Bike : Yabaa 1499
I ride a : Stock
Registration date : 2008-11-09

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi guys!

It has been 6 months that I left the Philippines so I thought it was more than time to give some news Smile

As most of you know, I left for the UK to study Civil Engineering in Cardiff University. At first, I thought I could just get along with a grand ma bike which I didn't even buy because Cardiff is small enough to go around just walking. But as the weeks past, the need to do trial biking became stronger and stronger and I purchased a Yaabaa 1499.

News from the UK 99878729.th

So here I am, back on a stock bike which I prefer because we feel more like on a "bike". I didn't really progress on height. I just do the same things as before but with a little more precision. I just ride my bike because I enjoy it and I'm not really after the biggest drops or transfers (even if it is always rewarding to do something big =)).

I recently performed at the international day of my school for the Asian society (where majority of the students are Indians). Somebody was supposed to lie down on the floor but my performance was judged not safe enough when I almost landed on the health safety head jumping of the stage during the rehearsal. As you can see those are only basic moves but I was glad to see that it still had a great impact on the public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyG78f5JYAI

I sold my Zoo Python mod bike to a guy from Manila called Agustín Rovira. He started with a Mountain Bike as most of us and is doing pretty well with the bike. He's going to register on the forum and I hope you guys can welcome him in the trial riders family Smile

Take care all and see you soon for other rides around the world Smile
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

Number of posts : 2951
Bike : Adamant A2 / GT Chucker
Registration date : 2008-02-26

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Hey Ian...

Before anything else, that thing is one sick bike.I like it...

We miss you a lot.We're looking forward to see you again and ride with you again. It's nice to hear that you're doing fine there and enjoying what you do best...

It's always great to see you ride...nice video man...You never lost the touch Smile

We're waiting for Agustin to post something in here. We're pretty much accomodating as always. Trials rider are very welcome here. Hpe we could ride with him soon. Let's hit UP man...

Back in the days, we've learned a lot from you. You always push us to do something that you think we can to push ourselves to another level. You always give us great tips. We're very thankful to have you, not just a riding buddy but also a friend.

I'm personally wishing the best for you..Ride with you soon man.
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

Number of posts : 2827
Bike : KOT MS2
Registration date : 2008-02-25

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:29 am

Hi Ian, you are missed here.

You look so much at home on a stock bike. Now you look like Tunni momaru!
Back to top Go down
joolz
Macho Dancer
Macho Dancer

Number of posts : 612
Bike : wala sa ngayon
I ride a : kalas si jeproxx

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:37 am

well done ian... ride with you soon
Back to top Go down
zteg43
Torero
Torero
zteg43

Number of posts : 3067
Bike : echolite 07
I ride a : mod
Registration date : 2008-03-30

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:47 am

yeah! nice hearin from you man!

hope we hear from your friend as well. all good bo! enjoy trialsin mate!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyanilaotattoos.multiply.com
ian
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 23
Bike : Yabaa 1499
Registration date : 2008-11-09

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:28 am

@Tzard: Thanks bro. I also hope to ride with you guys again. I'm the only one doing trial biking here and I'm always alone, I miss being in a group helping each other. I've looked through the posts and I was really amazed by your progress! I'm really happy, keep it up! I've seen the videos you posted on youtube, I think that it's a great idea. You can learn a lot watching yourself. And the fish eyes videos are crazy, it looks exactly like those british insane clips haha

@Pat: Now that I look like Tuni, I would like to do his moves :d

@Joolz and Dani: Of course I'll give some news time to time. I was so impressed by the Chris Akrigg Maurice video that I bought a fixie bike to commute. I'll try to do learn some moves. I'll keep you updated.

And last thing guys, even if I'm not in the Philippines, DON'T hesitate to message me. I don't visit the forum online often anymore but I'll always be willing to help! Smile

I told Augustine to post on this topic to introduce himself. For the moment, he just need to repair the bridge of his HS-33 and to find some tar because he doesn't know where to look for it, I hope you guys can help him for that. He is really excited to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
agus-243
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 3
Bike : ZOO! Typhoon
I ride a : Mod
Registration date : 2010-03-26

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:04 am

Hey guys.
This is Agustin. Im the new trial biker that Ian told you about. I started out on my mountain bike but after getting some of the basic moves I realised how difficult to improve so one of Ian´s friends told me he was selling Ian´s trial bike and I tried and liked it a lot. I was always amazed on the things you saw people on youtube doing and I'm looking forward to meet new trial bikers as cycling alone is never that fun and doesn't help you improve much. I just turned 16 and I am mexican. I'm really looking forward to meet the group!!! News from the UK Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Ian - we'll be watching for updates Smile We're hoping to see you do some Tunni and Akrigg moves Smile

Agustin - Welcome to the forum. Hope we could meet and ride with you soon. Where do you stay? There might be someone near your area. About your problem, I hope we can help you. Just meet one of us and we'll try to help you on what you need. I have a bulk of tar sitting around my house, you might wanna have some. I think Pat have some extra hose.

Update this linked thread so you'll know where to find us http://pinoytrials.com/bike-trials-talk-f1/rider-s-directory-t34-15.htm
Back to top Go down
agus-243
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 3
Bike : ZOO! Typhoon
I ride a : Mod
Registration date : 2010-03-26

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:42 pm

nokkocholo- Thank you man! I`ll be taking it tomorrow morning to Dan`s Bike. Hopefully they`ll have the hose if not I`ll just post again for help. And thank you for the tar, I mean I can get a small piece for now (as it is a pain when you fall on your as because the brakes didn't lock properly). But it would also be helpful to know where to get it.
I already posted my contact info. I see you are in Makati. Are there any good places to ride over here?
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

Number of posts : 2827
Bike : KOT MS2

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:18 pm

There are a bit of good places here & there, I live in Makati myself. I am blessed with sidewalks LOL.

Where are you located?
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:35 pm

Yeah Agustin where do you stay? You can get tar at your local hardware Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

News from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from the UK   News from the UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News from the UK
Page 1 of 1