pinoytrials
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filipino Trials Community

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

side hops - how to

Go down 
+6
tzard
benjo
ewik
joolz
patrick
raimun
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
raimun
Expert
Expert
raimun

Number of posts : 341
Bike : Merida AM3000, Merida HFS2000, Merida FLX Team Carbon, Merida TFS900, Merida Mission3000, Echo Pure
I ride a : Echo Pure 04
Registration date : 2008-03-03

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:24 am

mga bro...

2 lang naiisip ko na style ng pag-sidehop(pakidagdag na lang kung meron pa):

1. with the help of the drive train
2. without using the drive train

yung pangalawa lang kasi nagagawa ko. eto yung sabay lang umaangat yung front and rear wheel. nag start ako sa pag side hop sa curbs. ngayon, mejo mataas taas na ng konte. hehehe.

hihingi lang ako ng tip dun sa una. pag nilagyan ko kasi ng pedal punch eh either nagiging pedal kick cya or sobrang baba lang na hop. hirap din akong pihitin cya pakanan or pakaliwa. sarap sanang matutunan neto Very Happy

pano ba step by step neto? kelangan ba naka lock yung brakes bago mag crouch? gano kalakas ba yung pag pedal punch?
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

Number of posts : 2827
Bike : KOT MS2
I ride a : Stock
Registration date : 2008-02-25

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Bro yung walang drive train ay iwasan mo, yun ang mali ko kasi nagaral ako ng walang drive train hehe. Wait ka lang mamaya mag post ako ng isang mahabang how to, nanakawin ko lang sa ibang site hehe
Back to top Go down
joolz
Macho Dancer
Macho Dancer

Number of posts : 612
Bike : wala sa ngayon
I ride a : kalas si jeproxx

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 9:05 pm

uuy mganda ito hehehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ewik
Expert
Expert
ewik

Number of posts : 325
I ride a : Dirt/Street Two50
Registration date : 2008-03-04

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:29 pm

ako yung walang drivetrain ang kaya ko, pero kelangan umaandar ang bike kahit sooobrang baaagal...
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Oo kasi yun drivetrain mo tumatakbo pa din, actually mahirap kung naka lock yung brakes.
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Posted by Anon on otn

Quote :
Trackstand next to the object, and focus on what you want to do. You need to be focussing precisely where you want your front wheel to go (if you're upping to front or 2 wheels), or the back if you're doing it straight to back wheel. Keep focussing on that spot. Make sure you're set up properly, and then just kick to the back wheel.
side hops - how to Sidehop1
Do little hops around just to make sure that you're going to get traction and grip, and that it's as good a take-off as it can be, basically. All this time, keep focussing on your landing.
side hops - how to Sidehop2
Do a larger hop (just like a backhop, but lift it slightly more so you can drop into the preload). Crouch down, keeping your weight near the back wheel. As you do this, 'cock' the pedal by bringing it back up through the stroke a little. I've also found that keeping your arms a little straighter during the preload seems to work pretty well. If you watch the AndyT vids of Vince, check the technique there. Arms are fairly straight, and he fucking sends sidehops...
side hops - how to Sidehop3
Let go of the back brake, whilst again focussing on where you want the front (or rear to backwheel) to go. You give a kick on the pedals as you do this. I've always found it hard explaining when, but most people seem to just know when to do it anyway. Just one of those intuitive things... But yeah, as you start to leave the floor, move your body weight upwards, and slightly forwards. This is so you commit more to the front wheel. Typically, if you focus on getting the front end on, you can kick the back over and onto the wall a little easier. If you look at my head and upper body in the pic, you can already see me starting to move myself more over the landing spot for the front wheel.
side hops - how to Sidehop4
Once you've got the momentum pushing your bike over the wall, tuck the back end up, and suck it up with your knees and ankles, whilst pushing it over the top of the wall too. This makes sure that it doesn't just batter into the side of the wall, which isn't too pretty. If you're well into the fashions now, this is the time to initiate that well ott super-tuck pose.
side hops - how to Sidehop5
Try as much as is possible to slightly absorb the impact upon landing, just to keep your balance as much as anything, basically. It just helps you keep steady when you land.
You can also turn your front wheel in the direction of the wall too just before you land. Some people find this is useful to tuck the back end in and get their tuck on, and it can also mean you've got more chance of getting some grip on the wall if it's a bit of a sketchy surface (i.e. a non-flat-topped rock, or whatever).

Like I said, I'm not shit-hot at sidehops, but Benito Ros and Vincent Hermance are, so just watch vids of them doing them to get the idea of doing the mahoosive sidehops
Back to top Go down
raimun
Expert
Expert
raimun

Bike : Merida AM3000, Merida HFS2000, Merida FLX Team Carbon, Merida TFS900, Merida Mission3000, Echo Pure

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:44 pm

uy, ahyus yung instructions. ttry ko cya tomorrow. hehehe....

did not practice today. day-off sa trials, hehehe. (nanuod kase kay pacquiao)

thanks pat!
Back to top Go down
benjo
Admin
benjo

Number of posts : 993
Bike : Zhi z3r
Registration date : 2008-02-29

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:58 am

Ayus!!!!
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 am

Ipapractice ko din ito...sabay sabay tayo. Mag dayoff ako sa trials ng 2-3 days. Balik ako trials sa thursday hehe
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

Number of posts : 2951
Bike : Adamant A2 / GT Chucker
Registration date : 2008-02-26

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Hirap ata nito Pat...hehehe kailoangan ba talaga may drive train?
Back to top Go down
raimun
Expert
Expert
raimun

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:58 pm

tinry ko videohan sarile ko kanina. hahaha... pag malakas ang kick hinde ko na ma-scoop yung rear wheel. pag mahinang kick, tumataas nga rear wheel pero kapiranggot lang. wtf ang hirap....
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Yang ang isa sa nahirapan ako, di ko makuha pa consistenly, ala tsamba, kuha ko pero tsambahan dati kaya ko na to rear over a foot so i suck ko nalang dapat lampas na ng 2 feet pero nawala ulit.

Nahihirapan ako generally sa consistency ko baka either may alzheimer's na ako o dahil matanda na ako momaru!
Back to top Go down
benjo
Admin
benjo

Number of posts : 993
Bike : Zhi z3r
Registration date : 2008-02-29

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm

hehehe...
oks na ko sa Hop pero yung Side, labo pa.....
paano kaya yun???
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Kaya ko lang mga 10"...pero without drivetrain help
Back to top Go down
raimun
Expert
Expert
raimun

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:53 am

ako, sidehop w/o drivetrain - 18 inches (sobrang tucked na ko kasi 16.5 size ng frame) pero ipit ang tyan.

sidehop with drivetrain - 5 inches.... hahaha minsan nde pa naliko
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:01 am

Raimun actually kaya mo pa itaas yun kung alang drive train, kasi parang bunnyhop yan, sa hatak lahat yan ng bars.

Mataas ko na din nahahatak pero itinigil ko kasi naisip ko practice makes permanent, kung mali pinapractice ko magiging permanent.
Back to top Go down
raimun
Expert
Expert
raimun

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:20 am

i agree, bro.... kaya parang back to zero ako kasi pinapraktis ko na may drivetrain. hirap talaga yung sequence ng lock brake, kick, pull, lean... Sad
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:07 pm

Do you side hop on your good foot side or is it better if you side hop on your bad side? Kasi I saw some pro, mas mataas ang side hop nila when they side hop facing their bad side
Back to top Go down
biketrialsjervy
Sport
Sport
biketrialsjervy

Number of posts : 192
Bike : mod
I ride a : mod

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:02 pm

when u practice, isipin na kaya mo and mclear ang spot... nood muna ng video na may sidehop para gaganahan or pampagana sa pagbike den apply...
Back to top Go down
joolz
Macho Dancer
Macho Dancer

Number of posts : 612
Bike : wala sa ngayon
I ride a : kalas si jeproxx

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:30 pm

parang may magic yun pag sidehop sa badfoot direction kasi mas malakas yun tapon eh...

hindi ko siya nagagawa talaga pero minsan na tsamba rear to rear...

importante yun preloading dun palang makikita mo na kung kakayanin mo...
Back to top Go down
ewik
Expert
Expert
ewik

Number of posts : 325
I ride a : Dirt/Street Two50
Registration date : 2008-03-04

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:41 pm

these apply to anything para di sumablay:

-think positive, isipin mo kaya mo gawin yun
-confidence, pag nagdalawang isip sasablay talaga
-don't mind the spectators around you, don't be conscious! lol!
Back to top Go down
joelou
Expert
Expert
joelou

Number of posts : 409
I ride a : mod

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:32 pm

yup tama ka ewik=) basta always think positive while riding, hehe

Last edited by joelou on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
apol
Expert
Expert
apol

Number of posts : 453
Bike : Sinister WTF/ Giant STP/Giant Reign X/Giant Trance X
I ride a : stock/ dj4x /Freeride /XC
Registration date : 2008-03-05

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 pm

biketrialsjervy wrote:
when u practice, isipin na kaya mo and mclear ang spot... nood muna ng video na may sidehop para gaganahan or pampagana sa pagbike den apply...

Tama ka Jervy, nasira BETAMAX namin dati kaka rewind-forward-pause nung may mga tricks akong gustong makuha sa flatland dati hehehehee ("Betamax" ngayon alam nyo na kung gaano ko kabata) hehehehehe wala pang cd/dvd nuon. hehehehe lol!
Back to top Go down
patrick
PT Mods
PT Mods
patrick

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 2:16 am

namputsa sa ibang klaseng video nasira ang betamak namin kakarewind at forward ko e hehe
Back to top Go down
tzard
Torero
Torero
tzard

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:05 pm

BETAMAX? ang alam ko yun yung iniihaw sa kanto...hehehe oi Pat pahiram baka pwede pang mapanood yan hehehhe...

I tried side hopping kanina without drivetrain pucha muntik na akong mangudngod...

Pero medyo tumaas nga...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

side hops - how to Empty
PostSubject: Re: side hops - how to   side hops - how to Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

side hops - how to
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next